Teaching Outside: 20 Quick & Easy Outdoor Education Activities for Children
This eBook is written for teachers, parents, caregivers, and mentors who understand the value and importance of having their children spend time in nature but may not have the time, resources, or ability to dedicate a regular part of their schedule to outdoor education. No matter how much time you have or advanced preparation you’ve done, there are things you can do with your students outside that are fun, educational, and worthwhile. This book contains 20 detailed, Common Core-aligned, step-by-step activities that are categorized by grade level, time needed, materials needed, “readiness level,” and subject. They are designed to be accessible for everyone, regardless of your comfort level with the great outdoors. The activities are designed for children in grades Pre-K through 5 but can easily be adapted for other ages and stages as well. What will the children learn?
- 21st Century Skills, such as creativity, collaboration, and critical thinking
- Social Studies
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Speaking and Listening
- Common Core-aligned
- Clickable Table of Contents
- 4 clickable Indexes
- Beautiful hand-painted illustrations
- Tips for how and where to teach outside
- Lesson objectives for each activity
- Detailed materials lists for each activity
- “Nature Natalie Tips” with insider info from someone who’s been there and done it!
- Extensions, Adaptations, and Variations for each activity